Seidat Terms of Service
Version 1.3. Effective as of 17th of April 2021.
Replaces Seidat Terms of Service published on 22 May 2019. The previous version can be found here.
This is a contract between You (later; “Customer”, “You”, “Your” or “User”) and us, Seidat Ltd. (later; “Company”, “We”, “Us”, “Seidat”). The contract summarizes the Terms of Service (later; “Terms and Conditions”) of using our product (later; “Service” or “Seidat Platform”).
Seidat reserves the right to update and change these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Users will be notified about the updates and changes via email or in-app notification. By continuing the use of the Service You accept the latest Terms and Conditions.
Seidat has the right to terminate any account based on violations of these Terms and Conditions.
- During registration (signup process) you must provide your full legal name, valid email address, and any requested information to complete the signup. Creating an account is limited to persons over 16 years old.
- To register for and use the Seidat Platform, you are required to (1) be 16 or older, (2) have the power to enter a binding contract with us, and not be barred from doing so under any applicable laws. You also promise that any registration information that you submit to Seidat is true, accurate, and complete, and you agree to keep it that way at all times.
- Your Account is personal and may not be used by others. You are required to keep your login details safe and private. An account can be used in up to three different browsers or devices at the same time.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your Account and password. We will not and cannot be liable for any loss from a User’s failure to keep their Account and password safe.
- You have to be human. Accounts created by “bots” or through other automated ways are not allowed and will be terminated.
- It is the responsibility of the User and/or the Team Owner to make sure that any content or material created, uploaded, posted, or shared through the service is legal and legally used. Seidat is not responsible for and cannot be held liable for User or Team content.
- Illegal material and activity are strictly forbidden. The User is always required to obey all local, state, and international laws in the jurisdiction they are in when using the Service (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- The User is ultimately responsible for all content posted, shared, and any activity that occurs under the User’s account. Seidat will never ask for the User’s login credentials (other than through the Service to ascertain Account ownership), and will never act through the User’s Account.
- A Seidat Team is a “loginless group account” intended for collaboration. To access, modify or share Team content or settings, team members have to connect through their own, personal Accounts. Any content created for or uploaded to a Team is held by the team and visible and editable by any team member who has the necessary permissions. The Team Owner(s) will always have access to all team content. A Team can have several owners.
- Team Subscriptions (later; “Subscription Plan”) are currently only available to registered organisations (companies, charities, governments, universities, etc.).
- The Team Owner can assign permissions to other Team members to act on behalf of the team. These include but are not limited to managing team members, content, settings, and billing.
- Each User can be part of multiple teams. A User’s account can be added to a team by the Team Owner or Team Admin. If a User is removed from a team they will lose access to the Team and its content, including any content created or uploaded by the User to the Team. Being removed from a team does not affect the content of other Teams where the User is a member.
- The amount of team members, including the Team Owners, is limited by the amount of seats that the Team owns. Each seat can only hold a single Account. If a team has 3 members (Accounts), they require 3 seats. If a User is part of multiple Teams, they will occupy a seat in each Team. Free users (Seidat employees and selected partners) do not occupy seats.
- New teams are normally granted a free trial period of their first 14-days. The Team Owner or admins must provide the necessary payment details, through the Service or as instructed by Seidat, to continue using the service at the end of the trial period. The Team Owner will be notified either by email or in-app that the trial is coming to an end. The trial is intended for new customers, and may not be granted multiple times to a single organisation.
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- Use of the service as an individual user is free. Subscriptions are billed based on the specific plan and the amount of seats unless otherwise agreed through a separate agreement.
- Current pricing for Team Subscriptions can be found on our pricing page or by contacting sales.
- The Billing Cycle (later; “Billing Period”) is a month, a year or any other length agreed by Seidat and Customer, according to your chosen Subscription Plan, starting from the moment you subscribed. Billing is done at the start of a Subscription Period.
- Currently accepted payment methods are credit and debit cards, as well as invoicing.
- Customers paying by card will be charged as the new subscription period starts.
- Customers who have chosen invoicing as their payment method will be billed up to one (1) month before a Billing Period starts. All amounts are payable within ten (10) days, from the date of the invoice, unless otherwise specified in the contract.
- The Customer authorizes Seidat to store all invoicing details on our servers if invoicing is chosen as the billing method. Customers are responsible to ensure that the right billing information is filled in their Team.
- Seidat’s bank accounts are located in Finland and prices are set in euros. Seidat is not responsible for any fees Your bank or credit card company may charge for currency conversion or payments abroad.
- If a subscription is not paid for on time, the account or team will be frozen until the outstanding charges have been paid. The Account or Team and all its content remain, but content access will be blocked.
- We use Stripe as a third-party partner to handle all debit and credit card charges. Stripe is a fully certified payment service provider and has verified PCI level 1 security status. Sensitive card information (number, CVC) will be sent directly to Stripe and stored by them. We only store the last four digits and the expiration date.
- The Customer authorizes Seidat to use Stripe as a third-party partner to handle credit card details and charges based on your Subscription Plan. Customers also accept that Seidat stores the last four digits and expiration date on our servers.
- Upgrades and changes to a Subscription can be done by the Account or Team Owner at any time through the Seidat Platform.
- Changing the subscription plan will start a new billing period. Any unused time on the old plan will count towards the new subscription. Any customization to the basic plan (such as added seats) will not affect the billing period. These additional extra seats are invoiced after the change or charged immediately .
- An exception to 13. are discontinued per-seat plans where a change in the subscription will not change the billing period. In the case of discontinued per-seat plans, billable changes and upgrades (such as added seats) are prorated from the following day. On monthly plans, the proration is added to the following charge or invoice. On yearly plans, the proration is charged or invoiced within a billing day.
- No refunds are issued on downgrades. Negative prorations (credit) will count towards future charges. Subscription downgrades can be done at any time. Downgrades done after the billing period has already been changed, will not affect already generated invoices or charges.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of features or capacity of your account. Seidat has no liability for such loss.
- Seidat will inform customers of changes in their pricing at least one month before the change. The information will be made available either at the website or in the Service and by email. Customers will have the possibility to change their subscription before the change in prices through the service or by contacting sales. The fees remain fixed for each Billing Cycle.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities in your local jurisdiction. The Customer is responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only Finnish Value Added Tax (VAT or ALV). The Company will collect these taxes on behalf of the customer’s company and pay them to the tax authority.
- Customers in the EU VAT area must provide a valid VAT number to Seidat.
Cancellation and Termination
- Seidat has the right to block, suspend (deactivate) or terminate (delete) any account based on violations of these Terms and Conditions. Seidat also has the right to deny any future use of the Service for such reason.
- Seidat has the right to cancel the free use of the Service at any time for any reason and any paid subscription by the end of paying period by giving prior notice.
- Accounts and Teams that are frozen or otherwise lacking activity (login, access, or payment) for one (1) year are deemed inactive. Any inactive account or team may be permanently removed. The Account Owner(s) will be notified by email before any action is taken.
- Account deletion can be made on request, by emailing email@example.com. When an account is deleted all content (presentations, pictures, etc.) will be permanently erased. Cached content may temporarily remain on some servers.
- The user is free to cancel their Subscription Plan at any time. Cancellation does not result in immediate removal of content from the Service but will result in access to content being blocked, at the end of the current Billing Period.
- Customers can cancel their Subscription Plan through the app or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Neglecting any bills from the Company is not considered a cancellation of the Subscription Plan. Outstanding payments will still be charged or billed despite a subscription being canceled.
- Customers paying by invoice have a 14 day termination period. Any cancellations done less than 14 days before the new Billing Period will not prevent a charge for the upcoming period. Customers with card as payment method have no termination period and can cancel at any time before the billing period changes to avoid being charged for the next period.
Modifications to the Service and Pricing
- Seidat will make reasonable efforts to keep the Service operational and working as intended. However, maintenance or technical difficulties can result in occasional interruptions. Maintenance and modifications may be done with or without notice.
- We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, functions and features of the Service, as well as the Service as a whole. In the unlikely case of the Service is discontinued, the Users will be notified well in advance.
- The company is not liable to the User or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content uploaded to the service must comply with the copyright laws in the user’s jurisdiction. Users can upload copyrighted material (fonts, pictures, video, etc.) to the service as long as they have the right to use the material. The User is always responsible for the material they upload. Seidat cannot be held liable for material Users have uploaded to the Service and that they display (share or show) to others.
- The Company claims no intellectual property rights over the material users provide to the Service. All material uploaded will remain in the user’s possession.
- The Company does not pre-screen material uploaded by the user but reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove material and content that is determined to be unlawful, in violation of intellectual property rights, or violation of these Terms and Conditions. All illegal material will be removed from the Service and the account will be suspended or terminated.
- The Service and its copyrights are owned by Seidat with all rights reserved. You may not copy or reuse any portion of the design elements or codebase. Any code or material that is licensed is the property of its respective owner.
- Any use of the Service is at the User’s own risk. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Any access to your Seidat Account is always done over a secure, encrypted connection, using TLS/SSL (HTTPS).
- Technical support is only available via email or in-app chat.
- The Company uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service. Seidat does not warrant or assume responsibility for any third-party partners and cannot be held liable for any downtime or loss caused by third-party partners.
- All modifications or hacks to the Service are forbidden.
- You are not allowed to impersonate Seidat, or falsely imply that you or any website or service is associated with the Service or Seidat.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
- Seidat has the right to temporarily disable any account that greatly exceeds the intended or average usage of the Service. If possible, the Company will be in contact with the User and/or the Team Owner before any actions against their account. If disproportionate usage negatively impacts other Service Users the Company may take action without notice.
- The data storage of free Accounts is limited to 0,5 GB, while the data storage of Teams is limited to 1 GB per Seat. The User or Team may be charged reasonable extra fees for exceeding the prescribed limits unless they promptly reduce their usage to within limits once notified.
- Only content intended for the User’s or Team’s presentations may be stored in the Service. The Service may not be used as a general data storage to host or deliver data to other unrelated services.
- The company collects and stores anonymous usage data of its users’ actions in the Seidat Platform and the Seidat website (www.seidat.com). The Company also collects and stores the data needed to provide the Service and any data directly provided by the User. To provide the Service, the Seidat Platform also stores data locally on the User’s device or internet browser (including but not limited to ‘cookies’). By using the Service you accept and agree to the above.
- We do not release the data we collect to any third-party operators in any circumstance. The data is only used to improve the Service, its marketing, and its functionality.
- When a User shares a presentation to anyone via Seidat Link or Seidat Live or via any other feature provided by Seidat the User understands that the third party can copy (print screen) any content as long as the link is active. The User can and should remove any links when the third party doesn’t need to see the presentation anymore. Seidat cannot be held liable for any possible loss resulting from the User sharing any presentation to third parties.
- The Company does not guarantee that (1) the Service will meet every User’s specific needs, (2) the Service will be error-free, secure, uninterrupted, (3) the quality of the products, services, information, or other material purchased from The Company will meet your expectations, (4) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- The Company cannot be held liable for any User’s content that may be transmitted over various unsecured networks outside the Company’s secured network.
- The company cannot be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses resulting from (1) inability to use the service, (2) the cost of acquisition of substitute services and goods resulting from any goods, information, data or services purchased or obtained entered into through or from the service, (3) unauthorized access to or alteration of your presentation or content, (4) statements or conduct of any third party on the Service, (5) or any other matter relating to the Service.
- Any new feature or change to the Service and the Service as-is will be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Continued use of the Service after any change to the Terms and Conditions shall constitute the User’s consent to such changes.
- These Terms and Conditions are substituting any prior versions of Terms and Conditions.
- The Company has a right to enforce and exercise any section of these Terms and Conditions but is in no way obligated to do so. If the Company chooses not to enforce any section of these Terms and Conditions, that shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Questions about the Terms and Conditions should be sent to email@example.com.